Scott R. Eberle
Scott Eberle, co-chair of the firm’s Ethics and Legal Malpractice team, is an experienced trial attorney with a diverse litigation practice, representing businesses and individuals in a wide range of matters spanning insurance defense and commercial litigation. He has extensive experience representing lawyers and other professionals including accountants, engineers, real estate agents, insurance agents, and design professionals in professional liability claims. Mr. Eberle also defends wrongful death and serious personal injury claims, as well as premises liability, products liability, and toxic tort claims.
Complementing his litigation practice, Mr. Eberle regularly counsels lawyers, pre- or post-claims or suits, on professional ethics and professional responsibility matters, including those facing disciplinary charges before the Office of Disciplinary Counsel, as well as matters before the Pennsylvania Lawyers Fund for Client Security. He also represents attorneys in Reinstatement Proceedings, and is a frequent speaker on legal malpractice avoidance, lawyer ethics, and risk management before law firms, bar associations, and legal organizations.
Mr. Eberle is an active member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations serving on the PBA Professional Liability Committee and the ACBA Ethics Committee and Lawyer Insurance Committee. He is also a member of the Professional Liability Defense Federation, and was named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list for Professional Liability Defense in 2010, 2013, 2015, and 2016.
Areas of Law
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Attorney Disciplinary Defense
- General Litigation Defense
- Duquesne University (J.D., 2002)
- DePauw University (B.A., 1999)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Professional Liability Committee
- House of Delegates
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Chair, Ethics Committee
- Lawyer Insurance Committee
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Selected by his peers for the 2010, 2013, 2015, 2016, and 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
News & Updates
- Cyber Liability and Duties of a Lawyer in the Event of a Data Breach, Allegheny County Bar Association, Dec. 2018