Sophia G. Tyris
Sophia G. Tyris[email protected]
Sophia G. Tyris is an Associate in Burns White’s Healthcare and Long-Term Care Practice Group. Located in the firm’s Cherry Hill office, Ms. Tyris is licensed to represent and defend healthcare and long-term care professionals and facilities against malpractice claims.
Ms. Tyris has a diverse background. In addition to her legal experience in the healthcare industry, she previously worked as both a certified nursing assistant and a certified pharmacy technician—providing her with a greater understanding of medical conditions, outcomes and the biology and anatomy involved with injuries. While in law school, she focused her education in the area of healthcare law, and served as the Vice-president of the Health Law Society, holding various healthcare-law advocacy events for colleagues. As both a law clerk for a Philadelphia insurance defense firm and a practicing attorney, Ms. Tyris has worked in the insurance defense arena for the past seven years. She has extensive experience defending professionals in personal injury matters and liability claims.
Ms. Tyris is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the state of New Jersey. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Philadelphia Bar Association, and the Hellenic Lawyers Society.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Charlotte School of Law, North Carolina (J.D., 2013)
- Salisbury University, (B.A., English, Minor: Biology, 2009)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Hellenic Lawyers Society
- “Lies and Medical Care: Comparative Negligence and Malpractice Defense,” The Legal Intelligencer, April 4, 2019