Steven E. Sinkway
Steven E. Sinkway is a Member in the firm’s Philadelphia office. Mr. Sinkway focuses his practice in the areas of general insurance defense litigation, errors and omissions matters and long-term care/medical malpractice litigation.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Sinkway served as a Defense Attorney specializing in medical malpractice actions. He also was an Associate Attorney managing Federal Employers’ Liability Act litigation cases where he focused on repetitive stress and occupational illnesses. Mr. Sinkway also served as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Board.
Mr. Sinkway earned his Juris Doctor in June 1998 from Duquesne University School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts in History from Elizabethtown College in May 1995. During his time at Duquesne University, he completed an internship with the Hon. Lawrence Kaplan of the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas.
Mr. Sinkway is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and West Virginia. He also is admitted to the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the Western District of Pennsylvania, the Southern District of West Virginia and the District of New Jersey. He is a member of the American, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County (Pennsylvania), New Jersey and West Virginia State Bar Associations.
Areas of Law
- Insurance Defense
- Errors and Omissions
- Medical Malpractice
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Elizabethtown College (B.A., 1995)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- West Virginia State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association