Taylor M. Wantz
Taylor M. Wantz[email protected]
Taylor M. Wantz is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group providing effective representation to clients in a variety of industries, including financial services.
Ms. Wantz was a law clerk at Burns White prior to joining the firm upon graduation from Duquesne University School of Law, graduating summa cum laude and receiving the 2019 Distinguished Student Award. While in law school, she served as the Editor-in-Chief of Volume 57 of the Duquesne Law Review, and worked as a legal research and writing assistant. Ms. Wantz received CALI awards in Legal Research and Writing, Legal Drafting, Employment Discrimination, Labor Law, and Trial Advocacy, was a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board, and served as a student representative to the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Ms. Wantz received her Bachelor of Arts degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh in Political Science and Communication. She is a member of Allegheny County Bar Association and Duquesne University School of Law Alumni Association, and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Financial Institution Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- General Litigation
- Business Law
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, editor-in-chief of the Law Review, Volume 57, 2019)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science and Communication, 2015)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Duquesne University School of Law Alumni Association
- Junior Advisory Council Member, Humane Animal Rescue
- Distinguished Student Award, Duquesne University School of Law, 2019
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing, Legal Drafting, Employment Discrimination, Labor Law, and Trial Advocacy, Duquesne University School of Law
- “Linde V. Linde: Pennsylvania Superior Court’s Latest Take on the Business Judgment Rule,” Burns White Insights, Co-Authors Mary-Jo Rebelo adn Taylor Wantz, January 2020
- “Pennsylvania’s New Cyber Security Landscape,” Burns White Insights, Co-Authors Lyle Washowich and Taylor Wantz, April 2019