Weldianne Climo Scales
Weldianne Climo Scaleswcscales@burnswhite.com
Weldianne Climo Scales is an associate in the firm’s Railroad Law Practice Group, representing Class I and short line railroads in cases that involve allegations of personal and occupational injuries and wrongful death.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mrs. Scales was the Director of the Civil Division for a Pittsburgh law firm where she represented clients with civil, real estate, estate, criminal, family and immigration matters. She also has extensive experience in the areas of oil and gas and real estate.
Mrs. Scales is a Member of Council for the Borough of Swissvale, which she also currently serves as the Vice President. She is the first African American woman elected as a council member for the borough. She is the founder and chairperson of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Swissvale Council Committee, and currently serves as the chairperson of the Swissvale Police Committee.
Mrs. Scales graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law where she received the Honorable Denise Langford Morris Scholarship, and the CALI Award for Excellent Achievement in the Study of Mortgage Foreclosure Defense. She graduated from the University of Central Florida with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Finance. Mrs. Scales is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court of Western Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Railroad Law
- Real Estate and Property Services
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D. 2014)
- University of Central Florida (B.S., Business Finance, 2011)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court of Western Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Homer S. Brown Division
- Young Lawyer’s Division
- Women in the Law Division
- Recognized as a FAB 40 by the New Pittsburgh Courier, 2022
- Honorable Denise Langford Morris Scholarship Recipient, 2012
- CALI Award for Excellent Achievement in the Study of Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Mediation Certificate
- Borough of Swissvale
- Vice President Member of Council
- Swissvale Police Committee
- Swissvale Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Swissvale Democratic Committee
- Committee Female Member
- Union Baptist Church of Swissvale
- Ask A Lawyer, Volunteer Attorney