Job Title: Client Conflicts Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Perform tasks and provide general oversight to ensure prompt turnaround of conflict checks and file creations. Point of contact for attorneys and other legal personnel related to the conflict and file creation process. Review and analyze complex conflicts issues, and prepare reports and summaries for attorney or management review. Exercise good judgment in the resolution of conflicts and determining when issues should be elevated to next-level management. Lead projects related to conflict and file creation data integrity, system improvements, and training.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times when interacting with internal and external customers. Demonstrate a positive attitude and commitment to quality customer service.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating a strong work ethic, effectively communicating with others, and proactively anticipating attorney and client needs.
- Conduct searches of identified parties and other pertinent information in the firm’s conflicts database and external sources as applicable.
- Follow up with attorneys or other personnel as needed to ensure file information is accurate and complete.
- Review and analyze results of conflicts searches to flag potential conflicts of interest.
- Use strong independent judgment and discretion to identify serious issues that should be escalated to the supervisor or responsible attorney.
- Perform analysis of complex conflicts issues, and compile reports for attorneys or management.
- Coordinate with the IT Department, Records Management Department, partners, general counsel, and others as necessary in the creation and maintenance of ethical walls.
- Develop, implement, lead, and follow systems to cross-check, audit, and clean-up data and improve the conflicts process which contribute to data integrity.
- Serve as point of contact to provide information related to the conflict check and file creation process. Answer questions and provide training to new hires and others.
- Complete special projects and other assignments as requested by supervisor or other members of firm management.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent legal experience required. JD preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a law firm as a paralegal, legal assistant, law clerk, summer associate, or attorney. Conflicts experience preferred. Experience with ProLaw a plus.
- Understanding of conflict processes and requirements. Technical skills including MS Office Suite and grasp of database and data integrity concepts. Accurate with a focus on quality. Highly analytical and attentive to detail. Can review data and draw conclusions to allow good decision making. Able to communicate and interact effectively with all organizational levels. Ability to work independently and with strong follow through. Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines. Assertiveness to manage difficult or demanding customers and keep legal staff accountable to follow established processes. Good judgment in determining when issues should be elevated to next-level management.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (email@example.com), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.