Job Title: Electronic Billing & Collections Manager
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
Manage and administer the electronic billing process on a firmwide basis (all practices, all offices). Develop and maintain an effective collections strategy for a professional services environment and clientele. Utilize and maintain specialty software, and leverage software to its fullest potential. Provide day-to-day management of the e-billing and collections functions including activities, systems development and maintenance, analysis and trending, and internal and external reporting. Successfully partner with various internal and external contacts.
- Follow up and problem resolution related to electronic billing such as set-up issues, technical failures, system shortcomings, or needed procedural enhancements.
- Internal and external point of contact for electronic billing issues and efforts.
- Oversee staff in relation to electronic billing production and processes.
- Oversee and maintain collections software. Build and produce management reports from specialized software on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Create standards and measurements to monitor collection efforts and identify areas for improvement or management intervention.
- Work in tandem with respective attorneys to develop a planned approach to individual clients and resolve billing or other client issues.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients in order to successfully resolve billing and collection issues. Negotiate payment plans with clients, and actively manage agreements through complete resolution.
- Analyze account and collection activities, present summary information and trends to management personnel, and recommend responsive and proactive courses of action.
- Institute effective internal controls and confirm controls are consistently maintained.
- Provide consultation for how to best handle accounts, and to develop strategies for slow-paying and delinquent accounts that are successful and comply with firm standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- At least five years’ experience in a corporate billing/AR/collections position dealing with professional clientele. Law firm or other professional services experience strongly preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have advanced technical skills including MS Office (especially Excel), billing and collection systems (preferably ARCS). Experience with e-billing vendor sites preferred. Proven ability to promote process improvement, develop and implement standards, and maintain best practices. Highly accurate, attentive to detail, and systems-minded. Excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills. Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities. Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and leadership skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. High level of professionalism and diplomacy to interact with clients and other contacts.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, keyboard, calculator, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Extended periods of personal computer usage. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines and computer use. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate office machines and communicate extensively via telephone and in person.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required. Occasional travel to other offices.
Burns White conducts criminal background screenings for all newly hired employees.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email ([email protected]), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.