Job Title: Healthcare Litigation Associate
Location: Philadelphia (West Conshohocken), PA
Who we are…
Burns White’s Healthcare Litigation Department is a growing and dynamic practice focused on the representation of long-term healthcare providers, and the defense of medical malpractice and professional liability claims. Our reputation is unmatched. We are hard working with a strong sense of teamwork and camaraderie. It’s true that our work can be demanding at times – but it is rewarding and challenging. Mentoring is important to us, and there is tremendous opportunity for team members at all levels to do substantive work. We are a well-established and high-functioning team of attorneys, nurses, paralegals, assistants, and trial technologists. We take client service very seriously, but our environment is casual and flexible. With us, you will work hard, learn, grow, and have fun in the process.
What sets us apart…
We are able to offer unique opportunities to attorneys who are just starting out, at mid-level, or seasoned. Excellent training is provided by experienced senior attorneys and through daily peer interactions. With a growing book of business and heavy trial schedule, attorneys have opportunities to take on a level of responsibility not often available at other firms. There is room for advancement, too, as the team is seeking to identify and develop future leaders.
Ideal candidates are…
- Licensed in Pennsylvania or Delaware (will consider license in another state with PA reciprocity and willingness to waive in)
- Experienced in healthcare litigation, medical malpractice, personal injury, general liability, district attorneys, or any other practice that has provided the opportunity to take depositions or assess medical issues
- Willing to take initiative, ask questions, learn and do new things, take on challenging assignments, and collaborate with team members to achieve goals
- Able to balance multiple priorities, apply analytical and creative thinking, interact effectively with clients and other contacts, and function independently in a team environment
What we offer…
- Challenging, complex work that will make you a better litigator
- Opportunities to interact with clients and be part of a team that actually goes to trial
- Real prospects to grow, lead, take on responsibility, and advance
- A collegial, collaborative work environment that values mentoring, teamwork, and effort
- Exceptional benefits, competitive salary, and flexibility
The footprint of the Healthcare team’s practice allows us to offer positions based in our Conshohocken, Center City, Cherry Hill, or Wilmington offices, with flexible hours and hybrid/remote schedules.
Fax: (412) 995-3311
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate with clients in person and via telephone.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (HealthcareJobs@burnswhite.com), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.