Educating and assisting our clients to identify a strategic course toward lawful immigration
For centuries, people have been migrating to the United States for personal and professional reasons. Today, shifting policies and stricter guidelines regulating the movement of people across borders have made navigating immigration laws increasingly complex.
The Burns White Immigration Practice Group understands the challenges involved in managing today’s changing immigration laws. Our team counsels clients on compliance issues and processes—anticipating potential obstacles and filing required paperwork. The firm also trains employers on better business practices related to immigration practices.
Our clients include individuals, families, and businesses with diverse immigration issues including employment visas, residential status, and naturalization.
- Corporations hiring non-U.S. citizens to work in the U.S. through the H-1B and H-2B visa programs
- Entrepreneurs and foreign investors who want to relocate to the U.S.—helping to process and obtain their E-1 and E-2 visas
- Individuals wanting to become U.S. citizens, as well as those seeking non-immigrant visas
- Workers seeking temporary employment in the U.S., including highly-skilled doctors, researchers, professors, athletes, and entertainers
- U.S. citizens who have married non-U.S. citizens
- Students and visitors seeking temporary visas to study and travel in the U.S.
We also partner with members of our firm’s Business Practices, Family Law, Hospitality, and Employment practice groups, as well as our Government Investigations and Criminal Defense team, in an effort to provide our clients with thoughtful, well-rounded solutions to address their specific needs.