Job Title: IT Trainer & End User Support Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
Provide general software and hardware support and training to end users via telephone, email, remote control and desk side. Prioritize and escalate issues as appropriate.
Identify individual and group training needs, develop training curriculum and materials, and contribute to an environment of excitement about continuous learning. Provide oversight and strategic direction for a firmwide technical training program.
- Develop technical training programs and curriculum for all levels of personnel, including instructional materials, presentations, reference guides, tip sheets, etc. Update training materials as needed so that they remain current.
- Administer training in a manner that resonates with users and is effective in delivering training to achieve improved levels of proficiency among staff and attorneys. This could include classroom, virtual classroom, eTraining, train-the-trainer, and other formats of training delivery.
- Organize administrative tasks related to training delivery including communications, scheduling, attendance recordkeeping, securing space, collecting feedback, etc.
- Evaluate trainees for effectiveness of training and provide refresher, repeat, or remedial training as needed. Work with appropriate administrative managers to formulate plans of action for users with special issues or requirements.
- Remain current on new and emerging technologies in the legal industry through training, independent research, trade publications, participation in professional groups or organizations, and networking.
- Complete special projects and other assignments as requested by members of firm management.
- Support desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, scanners and copiers and other hardware.
- Support Firm software, including but not limited to, document management, Microsoft Office and Outlook, time entry, eDiscovery, web conferencing, file sharing and mobile applications.
- Maintain ticket tracking system and assist with special projects and user communications.
- Identify training needs on an individual, group, office, and firmwide basis based on formal assessments, observations, and interactions.
- Work with members of the IT Department in the implementation of improvements, assessment of technical resources, problem resolution, and delivery of training programs. Work cooperatively with IT managers to evaluate and resolve service or support issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or other relevant field. Additional training and/or certification preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in an IT user support and/or training role. Experience in a law firm preferred.
- This role requires a self-starter who is able to work independently with a focus on service excellence, while proactively bringing new ideas and energy to the training function. Excellent communication (written and verbal, including technical writing) and interpersonal skills. Strong technical knowledge including expertise in Windows, MS Office applications, ProLaw (or similar timekeeping and document management system). Able to build rapport with individuals and groups, and effectively interact with all organizational levels. Ability to convey complicated technical concepts in terms that can be understood at the user level.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.