Job Title: Junior Litigation Associate
Location: Wheeling, WV
About the Job
Burns White seeks to hire a Junior Litigation Associate to join its Wheeling, WV office.
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of litigation experience.
- Candidates must be licensed to practice in West Virginia, Pennsylvania and/or Ohio Bar membership is a plus, but not required.
- Candidates should also have a strong knowledge of county, state, and federal courts and related rules of civil procedure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are prerequisites.
- Candidates must be self-starters with the ability to work individually and in teams.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate with clients in person and via telephone.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (email@example.com), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.