Job Title: Medical Malpractice Associate
Location: Center City Philadelphia, PA
About the Job
Burns White seeks to hire an Attorney to join its Medical Malpractice practice group in its Philadelphia (Center City) office.
- This position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team to defend complex professional liability and medical malpractice matters. The candidate will handle matters both independently and with guidance from experienced trial attorneys.
- Specific experience with healthcare, long-term care, personal injury and/or medical malpractice matters is a plus.
- The idea candidate should have 3-8 years of litigation experience managing complex cases, depositions and discovery; medical malpractice defense experienced preferred.
- Candidates must be licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey membership is a plus but not required.
- Excellent oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are prerequisites.
- Candidates must be self-starters with the ability to work individually and in teams.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate with clients in person and via telephone.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.