Job Title: Nurse Paralegal
Location: Cleveland, OH
About the Job
Our growing office in Cleveland is seeking a Paralegal to join the Transportation Department. With a focus on medical records and analysis, the paralegal will work in partnership with attorneys primarily on railroad litigation matters.
- Order and inventory medical, pathology, and radiology material
- Have contact with experts, clients, opposing counsel, and other contacts
- Review, analyze, and summarize medical records
- Organize and maintain electronic case files
- Assist in the organization of exhibits and binders in preparation for trial
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, BSN a plus
- RN experience required
- At least 5 years’ clinical experience (cardiopulmonary or oncology specialties preferred)
- Experience in a litigation practice required
- Medical research experience preferred
- Experience reviewing and summarizing medical records required
- Highly organized and able to prioritize workload. Able to work independently and as part of a team. Quick learner who is enthusiastic about contributing to the team effort. Able to follow detailed instructions. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Attentive to detail and highly accurate. Strong technical skills including MS Office and document management; experience or familiarity with litigation support technologies a plus.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White conducts criminal background screenings for all newly hired employees.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email ([email protected]), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.