Job Title: Nurse Paralegal/Legal Nurse Consultant
Location: Philadelphia (West Conshohocken), PA
About the Job
Our thriving Healthcare practice in our Philadelphia (West Conshohocken) office is seeking a full-time Nurse Paralegal.
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Flexibility to Work Remote
The Nurse Paralegal will support attorneys in major medical malpractice insurance defense with responsibilities related to medical records, experts, witnesses, and trial preparation.
- Review, summarize, and analyze medical record, and provide an opinion on the merits of the case.
- Coordinate expert review including researching experts appropriate for the case, retaining, consulting, and discussing medical issues. Prepare expert reports.
- Serve as a point of contact and discuss medical issues in detail with physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals.
- Assist with trial preparation including trial notebooks, witness files, exhibits, etc., and coordinating trial presentation services.
- Interact with litigation support resources to ensure efficient and effective management of large volumes of documents.
- Interview witnesses, and coordinate meetings and testimony of experts and witnesses.
- Research prior testimony of plaintiff’s experts for use in cross examination.
- Conduct docket searches, and maintain expert and deposition databases.
- Research medical conditions, terms, and issues.
- Enter billable time timely, accurately, and consistent with department and client requirements.
- Pennsylvania RN license. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred; paralegal or other legal education a plus.
- At least 4 years’ experience as an RN. Experience in long-term care preferred. Legal experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, procedures, medications, pathologies, anatomy, and physiology. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong prioritization and organizational skills. Able to handle competing priorities and high-pressure situations. PC skills including MS Office.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings and requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination (must be fully vaccinated) for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.