Job Title: Operations Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
Perform a variety of operations, clerical, and administrative tasks to support the office’s day-to-day operations and the firm’s legal work.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism at all times when interacting with internal and external customers. Demonstrate a positive attitude and commitment to quality customer service.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by demonstrating a strong work ethic, effectively communicating with others, and proactively anticipating attorney and client needs.
- Provide onsite Production Center support including:
- Profiling documents from discs, online, an email into NetDocs.
- Printing and organizing documents for attorney review.
- Assembling binders, packets, and files consistent with attorney requests.
- Gathering materials and prepare for mailing.
- Completing print and scan projects.
- Maintain conference rooms including:
- Making routine rounds to ensure rooms are in good condition.
- Setting up tables and chairs in requested configurations.
- Maintaining beverage, office supplies, and other stocked items in rooms and coffee bars.
- Breaking down set-up after meetings and complete sanitation procedures.
- Assisting with client greeting and catering set-up.
- Maintain kitchen areas by tracking inventory, retrieving deliveries, and stocking supplies.
- Serve as designated backup for reception, Business Office scanning, and off-site storage activities.
- Assist with a variety of cyclical and ad hoc projects including:
- File destruction
- File room organization
- Incoming and outgoing file transfers
- Internal mailings
- Onsite shredding and file clean-up
- Complete special projects and other assignments as requested by supervisor or other members of firm management.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in an office setting and/or customer service role preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures. Able to prioritize assignments and adapt to changing scenarios. Multi-tasking and organizational skills. Capable of working independently and as part of a team. Basic computer skills including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Good communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels. Professional appearance and demeanor, and able to stay calm in pressure situations. Willingness to take initiative and do what needs to be done. Able to solve problems and use good judgment in determining when items should be elevated to the manager. Proactive and works ahead of deadlines.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Burns White completes criminal background screenings for all new hires as a condition of employment.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.