Job Title: Paralegal – Workers’ Compensation
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
About the Job
This position in Burns White’s Workers’ Compensation practice group in its Pittsburgh office. Responsibilities will include coordinating and receiving receipt of medical records, processing invoices, sending and receiving authorizations, calendaring hearing notices, and more.
- Order and inventory medical, pathology, and radiology material
- Have contact with experts, clients, opposing counsel, and other contacts
- Diary case management deadlines
- Schedule and prepare materials for witness and expert depositions
- Assist in the organization of exhibits and binders in preparation for trial
- Organize and maintain electronic case files
- Paralegal certificate or degree, or paralegal or legal secretary experience.
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills. Attentive to detail and highly accurate. Able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple projects and competing deadlines. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and remain flexible to meet client and attorney needs. Able to take initiative and anticipate what needs to be done. Can understand and follow specific, detailed instructions. Strong commitment to quality client service. Strong PC skills including MS Office.
Equipment, Physical/Mental Demands, Working Conditions
Personal computer and other office equipment such as telephone, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, duplicating machine, etc.
Sitting for extended periods, standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 20 pounds. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines. Range of hearing and vision sufficient to operate standard office machines and communicate in person and via telephone with internal and external customers.
Able to deal with stress in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities. Make decisions and adapt to changing work situations. Grasp and apply new ideas and technologies. Communicate and successfully interact with various personalities at all organizational levels.
Typical office setting, normally Monday through Friday business hours. Occasional overtime as required.
Burns White conducts criminal background screenings for all newly hired employees.
No search firms
No phone calls, please
Interested candidates who meet the job requirements stated above should submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email ([email protected]), fax (412.995.3300), or mail. No search firms. No phone calls, please.