Brett J. Engelkraut
Brett J. Engelkraut
Practice AreasHealthcare and Long-Term Care Litigation Professional Liability
1001 Conshohocken State Road
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Brett J. Engelkraut is a Member in the Philadelphia office of Burns White. He has represented both individuals and corporations throughout the litigation process for over two decades.
As a seasoned litigator in medical negligence actions, Mr. Engelkraut represents physicians, nurses, hospitals, and long-term care facilities. He also represents health and wellness entities, rehabilitation facilities, group homes and psychiatric centers in claims involving sexual misconduct or molestation. Mr. Engelkraut has extensive experience in both state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Mr. Engelkraut received his J.D. from Villanova University School of Law in 2002, and his undergraduate degree in History from the University of Scranton in 1998. He is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Mr. Engelkraut resides with his wife and two daughters in Wayne, PA.
Areas of Law
- Litigation Defense
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Villanova University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- University of Scranton (B.A., History; Minor, Political Science, 1998)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- Pennsylvania Association for Healthcare Risk Management
- Philadelphia Area Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- “Pennsylvania Supreme Court to Provide Guidance on Application of the Mental Health Procedures Act,” Burns White Insights, January 2020