Comprehensive and practical legal solutions for the insurance industry
Our results-oriented attorneys provide clients with proactive, consistent, and efficient representation nationwide.
Objective advice, realistic assessments, creative solutions
The challenges of insurance coverage and extracontractual litigation include the increasing frequency of institutional bad faith claims and corresponding written discovery, numerous depositions, extracontractual damage claims, and law that continues to evolve. With more than 25 years of experience, our team draws from its thorough understanding of the intricacies of the insurance industry and the demands of insurance litigation, to provide comprehensive legal services, from the initial investigation through discovery, motions practice, trial, settlement, and appeal. Recognizing that litigation can be costly and time-intensive, our attorneys evaluate cases on an individual basis, as early as possible, to provide objective advice, realistic case assessments, and creative solutions to minimize the costs of litigation.
Experience makes the difference
Our attorneys will work side-by-side with you to investigate and evaluate insurance disputes, and our deep experience enables us to identify strengths and weaknesses at the earliest stages of litigation, allowing us to formulate practical and effective strategies and solutions.
We represent insurers and corporate policyholders in a wide range of cases, and work to deliver successful resolutions in both complex and routine insurance disputes through negotiation, arbitration, and litigation. We also represent clients involved in diverse coverage and extracontractual matters.
“Their understanding of our business, their personal touch, their level of detail. We have tried to make other firms do the same quality of work as Burns White.”
— Claims Attorney, Fortune 100 Insurance company
Scope of our practice
Insurance coverage cases
- Reservation of rights and disclaimer of coverage
- Trigger, allocation, and re-allocation of losses
- Bodily injury and property damage liability
- Personal and advertising injury liability
- Commercial and personal auto policies
- Commercial property and homeowners policies
- D&O policies
- Accident and health policies
- Credit life, disability, and income policies
- Insurance recovery
- Disputed uninsured and underinsured motorist claims
- Construction defect litigation
- Progressive injury claims
- Long-tail environmental claims
- First-party property damage claims
- Third-party excess verdicts
- Fire losses