Customized thinking for tangible results
We apply customized thinking, based on a thorough understanding of each situation’s unique business challenges, to generate tangible and cost-effective results for a diverse group of clients—ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual practices and proprietorships.
Direct business experience
Our attorneys’ thorough understanding of the complexities of business law comes from direct experience as owners, board members, and officers of various business entities. This unique perspective enables us to assist clients in meeting business goals and objectives, while successfully navigating their unique legal issues, and minimizing exposure to legal risk and unnecessary litigation.
Commercial Transaction Attorneys
- Contract drafting and enforcement: negotiating, interpreting, developing, and enforcing contracts and commercial relationships
- Business entity formation and structuring: creating entities and business structures (business corporations, nonprofit corporations, professional corporations, LLCs, partnerships, limited partnerships, joint ventures, and systems of related entities) to help minimize taxes, reduce liability exposure, comply with regulatory standards, achieve desired exit strategies, and promote growth, among other objectives
- Capital formation: accessing capital through private and institutional equity, debt, and loan financings
- Corporate governance: providing consultation and advice regarding corporate governance and management issues, board policies and procedures, conflicts of interest, fiduciary duties, indemnification rights, and D&O insurance
- Mergers and acquisitions: assisting with the purchase and sale of entities or their component parts through various business transactions and arrangements, such as mergers, asset sales, reorganizations, buy-ins/buy-outs of individual owners, management contracts, and joint ventures
- Real estate transactions: facilitating the purchase, sale, leasing, and development of real estate, including related oil, gas, and mineral rights
- Construction projects: supporting the negotiation, management, and enforcement of contracts with architects, contractors, and project managers
- Intellectual property: registering and enforcing trademarks, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights
Burns White provides employment, commercial litigation, and other complementary services for our business clients.