Attorneys in This Practice Area
For more information about our firm’s Energy Law practice, please contact:
Extensive experience in surface title opinions and litigation
We help Energy businesses map a course for regulatory compliance, implement strategies to minimize potential litigation, and protect against current and potential liabilities through the efficient resolution of civil disputes.
Burns White offers clients a full-service, one-stop-shop Energy Law practice with high-volume capabilities. With extensive experience counseling domestic energy, mineral, exploration and extraction companies, as well as petrochemical facilities, the attorneys of the Energy Group draw from diverse backgrounds and industry knowledge to offer a full spectrum of services spanning agreements drafting to litigation.
Our offices are located in the heart of the Marcellus and Utica Shale region, and we have first-hand knowledge of the opportunities, risks, and issues our clients face. No matter the issue, our attorneys protect our clients’ legal rights and business interests.
“Burns White’s Energy team goes out of their way to make me feel important by understanding my business’s’ needs, keeping in touch, and seeking out information that would be helpful for me.”
– In-House Counsel, Oil and Gas Exploration and Development Company
Business counseling and transactional services
- Advisement on risk avoidance and crisis management
- Advisement and consulting on employment matters, including severance and termination agreements, employee handbooks, and safety rules
- Preparation, review, and negotiation of contracts for oil and gas producers, including lease agreements, joint operating agreements, farm-out and farm-in agreements, exploration agreements, overriding royalty interests, conveyances, net profits interest, drilling contracts, seismic agreements, master service agreements, joint ventures, pooling and unitization agreements, and gas balancing agreements
- Handling of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) citation contests and inspections, permitting issues, and regulatory related litigation
- Counseling regarding federal, state, and local statute and ordinance compliance and violations
Litigation related to energy and mineral resources, including:
- Wrongful death, catastrophic loss, and personal injury
- Environmental exposures and contamination
- Well and pipeline construction issues
- Property rights
- Lease disputes
- Insurance litigation
- Real estate, land use, and condemnation
- Loss of production