A full continuum of legal services for the commercial real estate industry
From financing to development to contract creation and negotiation to disputes, our Real Estate and Property Services Group provides a continuum of transactional and litigation services.
At Burns White, we have a deep understanding of the acquisition, development, and disposition of commercial real estate. We work with financial institutions, developers, property management companies, condominium and homeowner associations, and businesses in a wide range of industries in matters related to the financing, development, sales, leasing, and foreclosure of commercial real estate. Our team of attorneys takes a personalized approach to representation, partnering with our clients to help them achieve maximum return on their investment.
Our attorneys have successfully handled a diverse array of transactional matters and litigation disputes including:
- Land use issues
- Drafting, negotiation, enforcement, and breach of commercial and residential leases
- Title transfers, including deed drafting and recordation
- Title Due Diligence Review and resolution of title clouds
- Title insurance
- Formulation of financing terms, loan commitments and loan documents
- Commercial evictions
- Real estate tax assessment appeals
- Real estate tax exemptions for non-profits
- Easements and rights of way
- Debt workouts and mortgage modifications
- Property research and title reports (through our exclusive affiliate Chain of Title Land Services)
An emphasis on condominium law
With an emphasis on condominium and homeowner association law, our team assists clients with the development, structuring and operation of condominiums, planned communities, and their management associations; the drafting of condominium and homeowners association documents; covenant enforcement; and, condominium association and homeowner association collections, litigation, arbitration and mediation.
And when more multifaceted issues arise, we leverage the resources, skills, and experience of members from our firm’s related practice groups to create practical, cost-effective solutions.