Burns White is committed to the longevity and success of the railroad transportation industry in North America
Our nationally recognized, award-winning Railroad Law Group is composed of attorneys well versed in risk management, regulatory compliance, transactional services, and litigation, and provides high-quality, creative, and cost-effective solutions to clients in the transportation industry.
Risk management and regulatory compliance
We take proactive measures to minimize our clients’ exposure to risk and unnecessary litigation so they can stay on track to meet their business objectives. Our team:
- Reviews and drafts operator and warning instructions and safety manuals
- Negotiates business contracts
- Comments on proposed legislation and consults on existing legislation
Utility commission representation
We file applications for openings, alterations, and abandonments of new, existing, or formerly used rail lines with the public utility commissions.
We represent clients in a variety of transactions, including:
- Drafting and negotiating property sales and lease agreements
- Handling mergers and acquisitions
- Consulting on construction projects
Our litigation attorneys have extensive experience and success defending clients in complex occupational disease, toxic tort, catastrophic loss, property damage, personal injury, and construction design and defect cases. These cases often involve sophisticated legal and technical issues requiring lengthy investigations and use of industry experts.