Big-firm performance. Individualized approach.
- More than 150 attorneys
- Founded in 1987
- 9 offices in PA, NJ, NY, OH, WV and DE
- More than 25 practice areas including litigation, corporate, and employment
- A broad range of clients and industries ranging from individuals and start-ups to multi-national corporations, including commercial enterprises, transportation companies, law firms, non-profit and government agencies, healthcare organizations, banks and financial institutions, as well as technology, energy, manufacturing, insurance and surety companies
- Complex problem solvers recognized consistently, regionally, and nationally
- A trusted partner to clients that helps ensure maximum return on investment
- Pioneer of innovative Alternative Fee Arrangement (AFA) structures
A history of strong, successful client relationships. A philosophy of client service. A work culture that puts people first. And an innovative fee structure that delivers value and mutual growth. The more you know about Burns White, the more you’ll appreciate our unique combination of big-firm performance and personal touch.
Our goal: to help you meet yours
For more than 30 years, we’ve been building strong relationships with clients in a wide range of industries by understanding their needs, thinking proactively, and delivering sound legal strategies that advance their objectives. As a client, you’ll be supported by a select team of specialized attorneys, paralegals, information technology specialists, and administrators organized around your specific industry — with one of our innovative, experienced lawyers at the center. Most of all, you’ll see the value of an experienced legal partner who shares your commitment to success.
“Our clients are at the heart of all that we do. Their concerns become our concerns. Their issues become our issues. And we focus all our energy and talent on solving their legal problems.”
– David B. White, Founding Member
A history of excellence
Burns White was founded in 1987 with a national presence, due to our widely recognized excellence in railroad law. Our vision of partnering with clients has driven growth, and today, our reach has grown far beyond the railroad industry. We serve commercial enterprises, transportation service providers, law firms, nonprofit and government agencies, healthcare organizations and providers, banks and financial institutions, as well as technology, energy, manufacturing, insurance, and surety companies… all with the same high level of service and commitment to mutual success.
A philosophy of listening and understanding
Because helping you to achieve your objectives is our top priority, we’ve developed a culture of listening, respecting your input, and responding as a both an advisor and a partner. It’s part philosophy, part work ethic, derived from a history of sharing our clients’ goals and having a stake in their successes.