Daniel B. Donahoe
Daniel B. Donahoe
Practice AreasLitigation Mass Tort and Toxic Tort Railroad Law
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Daniel B. Donahoe is a Member of Burns White and concentrates his practice in the defense of occupational illness cases, and serves as co-chair of the firm’s Mass Tort practice. With a primary emphasis in FELA litigation, he has also performed defense work in the areas of products liability, automobile insurance and personal injury. He practices in both federal and state courts throughout the country.
Mr. Donahoe was selected by his peers as the 2019 Lawyer of the Year for Railroad Law as part of the Best Lawyers in America® survey. He formerly served on the Executive Committee of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and was the Eastern Region Vice-President for the organization.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Donahoe worked for the Pittsburgh Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the Narcotics and Organized Crime Section for seven years.
Mr. Donahoe graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1982 after acquiring two Bachelor of Science degrees. Mr. Donahoe obtained his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law. He is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and the United States Supreme Court.
As a lifelong Pittsburgh resident, he has a strong commitment to the community. In addition to providing pro bono services to the elderly, Mr. Donahoe helped to initiate the firm’s pro bono program, in which Members and Associates donate their time to individuals in need of protection from abuse, and also served as the chair of Burns White’s Diversity Committee.
Areas of Law
- Occupational Illness Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Products Liability
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Carnegie Mellon University (B.S., 1982)
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
Accolades & Involvement
- Selected for inclusion on the 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list
- Selected as Lawyer of the Year for Railroad Law by his peers in Best Lawyers in America®
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2023
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Pennsylvania’s Best Lawyers®
- Selected among America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators® for 2018
- Selected among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators® for 2018