Deborah S. Baird
Deborah S. Baird
1880 John F. Kennedy Blvd
Philadelphia PA 19103
Deborah S. Baird is Of Counsel in the firm’s Philadelphia office. Ms. Baird is an accomplished litigator with more than 35 years of experience handling catastrophic professional and corporate liability cases with an emphasis on medical malpractice matters with potential multi-million dollar exposure. Ms. Baird frequently works with experts from the best universities and graduate professional schools, developing their expertise into a case theory and preparing them for testimony requiring complex medical and scientific material to be expressed in common everyday terms.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Baird was a civil litigation attorney for a Philadelphia firm we she focused her practice on defending healthcare clients in medical malpractice claims.
Ms. Baird received her Juris Doctor from Delaware Law School. She received her Bachelor of Arts Degree from Pennsylvania State University.
Ms. Baird is licensed to practice in the states of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Pennsylvania Federal Courts, New Jersey Federal Courts and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Delaware Law School (J.D., 1985)
- Pennsylvania State University (B.A., 1982)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New Jersey
- Pennsylvania Federal Courts
- New Jersey Federal Courts
- Supreme Court of the United States
Accolades & Involvement
- Support Center for Child Advocates Philadelphia PA
- Past Vice President of the Board of Directors
- Chair, Development and Communications committee
- Child Advocate
- The Magic Gardens Philadelphia PA Past Board Member