Douglas A. Brockman
Douglas A. Brockman
Practice AreasHealthcare and Long-Term Care Professional Liability
1880 John F. Kennedy Blvd
Philadelphia PA 19103
Douglas A. Brockman is a healthcare defense litigator with experience representing healthcare providers, including physicians, hospitals, long-term care providers, and large tertiary health systems in the Philadelphia region. He also devotes substantial time to the defense of casualty claims for hospitals and other facilities.
Mr. Brockman represents healthcare providers in large exposure malpractice matters, and in mass tort litigation involving medical devises and various premises liability matters. He conducts pre-litigation investigations and assesses the relative merits of potential claims for his clients. He has tried multiple matters to verdict, and has extensive experience with various alternative dispute resolution forums on behalf of his clients.
Mr. Brockman successfully represented a large hospital and health system in a HIPAA case involving an alleged breach of privacy and securitization of protected health information—one of the few cases to reach verdict on these issues in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Brockman received his Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law, and his undergraduate degree from Vanderbilt University. He is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care Litigation
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Washington University School of Law (J.D., 1992, Recent Developments Editor of the Law Review)
- Vanderbilt University (B.A., 1988)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- “Trials and Tribulations: What Lies Ahead as the Litigation Crisis Hits Pennsylvania Nursing Homes” PACAH Conference, April 2006