John Michael Steidle
John Michael Steidle
Practice AreasConstruction Law Litigation Mass Tort and Toxic Tort Railroad Law
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
John Michael Steidle joined Burns White in 2001. An experienced litigator, he has litigated cases in both state and federal courts, concentrating his practice in the areas of insurance defense, healthcare and long-term care law, medical malpractice defense, gaming law, construction law, catastrophic loss, and toxic tort.
In addition, he has represented lenders and other secured creditors in front of United States bankruptcy courts.
Mr. Steidle also advises clients including owners and operators of casinos in identifying, evaluating and prioritizing risk.
As part of the firm’s litigation group, Mr. Steidle has represented national companies in multiple jurisdictions, at times overseeing a network of local counsel to serve the needs of the client.
As Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, Mr. Steidle leads its efforts in partnering with numerous community-based organizations in need of legal representation.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Steidle worked as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. John D. McBride of the Common Pleas Court of Beaver County.
Mr. Steidle is a 1995 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. He received his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University in 1999. In law school, he earned recognition for oral advocacy while he represented Duquesne in the Gourley Trial Moot Court Competition and was presented with an Outstanding Achievement Award upon graduation. After graduation, he was inducted into the Louis L. Manderino Honor Society for outstanding contributions to Duquesne’s Moot Court Programs.
Mr. Steidle is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia, the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He is also a member of the Allegheny County and Beaver County Bar Associations.
Areas of Law
- General Liability Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Creditor’s Rights
- Gaming Law
- Construction Litigation
- Pennsylvania Underground Utility Protection Law
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 1995)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Beaver County Bar Association
- “Responding to Subpoenas,” CME Symposium, January 2020