Mark B. Hartig
Mark B. Hartig
4830 West Kennedy Boulevard
Tampa, FL 33609
Mark B. Hartig is a Member of the firm’s Tampa, Florida office. Mr. Hartig focuses his practice on the defense of hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, and other long-term care facilities, as well as professional liability matters including the defense of child welfare agencies and adoption service providers, among other industries. A frequent speaker for corporate clients regarding minimizing risk and litigation strategies, he also serves as an arbitrator for legal colleagues in matters referred to alternative dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Hartig was a founding member and Managing Shareholder of the law firm McCumber Daniels. Prior to founding McCumber Daniels, he served as an Assistant State Attorney in Florida.
Mr. Hartig is a Martindale Hubbell “A/V” rated lawyer, the highest rating available for legal expertise and ethics. Additionally, he has been recognized by his peers as a “Legal Elite” as profiled in Florida Trend Magazine, as well as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star.”
Mr. Hartig earned his Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Shepherd Broad College of Law in 1997, and a Bachelor of Arts, International Affairs, from Florida State University in 1993.
He is licensed to practice law in all the State Courts of Florida, Pennsylvania, and Mississippi, as well as the Federal Courts of Mississippi, Pennsylvania, Florida, and the United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Nova Southeastern University Shepherd Broad College of Law, (J.D., 1997)
- Florida State University, (B.A., 1993)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- The United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Florida Defense Lawyers Associate (FDLA)
Accolades & Involvement
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America® for Litigation – Health Care, 2023-2024