Brooke L. Hamilton
Brooke L. Hamiltonblhamilton@burnswhite.com
Brooke L. Hamilton is an Associate in Burns White’s Cleveland office, focusing her practice on mass torts, toxic torts, and transportation litigation. She has experience defending claims against manufacturers and suppliers in asbestos cases. She also defends railroads in cases involving allegations of personal and occupational injuries and wrongful death.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Hamilton was an associate at a regional firm in Cleveland. She graduated, summa cum laude, from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law where she served as the Captain of the Trial Team, was an editor for the Cleveland State Law Review, and received the Spangenberg Trial Practice Award, which is granted to the student that displays high aptitude for trial advocacy. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Philosophy from Baldwin Wallace University where, in addition to notable academic achievements, she was an Academic All-American athlete in golf and participated in the NCAA Division III national tournament.
Ms. Hamilton is admitted into practice in the State of Ohio, and in both the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, as well as the State of Michigan and the Eastern District of Michigan. She is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Michigan Bar Association and the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel (NARTC).
Ms. Hamilton participated in the Leadership Counsel for Legal Diversity Pathfinders program in 2021, participating in educational and leadership development programs designed to retain diverse attorneys and build a more equitable legal profession. Ms. Hamilton is also a co-chair of the firm’s Associate Committee.
Areas of Law
- Mass Tort and Toxic Tort
- Railroad Law
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University (J.D., summa cum laude, 2016; managing editor of the Law Review; Trial Team captain)
- Baldwin Wallace University (B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2013)
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Ohio
- State of Michigan
- Northern District of Ohio
- Southern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Michigan Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Claims and Litigation Management
- Selected for inclusion on the 2020 and 2022 Ohio Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” lists
- Saint Joseph Academy’s “25 Under 35” award, 2017
- Spangenberg Trial Practice Award, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 2015
- CALI Excellence Awards: Torts; Legal Writing; Criminal Law; Scholarly Writing, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Academic All-American (Golf), Baldwin Wallace University