Daniel J. Margonari
Daniel J. Margonari[email protected]
Daniel J. Margonari is a member in the firm’s Healthcare Group. He focuses a majority of his practice representing hospitals, physicians, and other healthcare professionals and entities with medical malpractice claims. He has also assisted healthcare clients with regulatory and corporate matters, and guided several providers through board investigation proceedings. Mr. Margonari has counseled healthcare clients and medical staffs on a litany of issues from peer review to risk management.
Mr. Margonari is experienced in all aspects of complex litigation and trail practice. He has has managed large scale e-discovery projects and been involved extensively in consolidated case coordination. A well-rounded litigator, Mr. Margonari has litigated matters on behalf clients in industries including: healthcare, insurance, hospitality, financial services, and manufacturing. He has mediated several cases, has been involved in multiple jury trials, and has acted as lead defense counsel in an array of arbitration cases on behalf of corporate clients.
Prior to joining Burns White LLC, Mr. Margonari practiced tax law for an international consulting firm and was an associate at a regional defense firm. Prior to law school and throughout his undergraduate education, Mr. Margonari worked in marketing, promoting regional, national, and international brands through various channels.
In law school, Mr. Margonari was a law clerk for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, and for Hon. Gary P. Caruso, in the Westmoreland County Court of Common Pleas. Mr. Margonari was also the Senior Business Manager and Editorial Board Member of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review.
He is admitted to the Pennsylvania bar, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and United States Court of Federal Claims. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Complex and Commercial Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., 2011, magna cum laude)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S.B.A., summa cum laude, 2008)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in bellwether case on behalf of a healthcare client in consolidated litigation involving over 100 individual plaintiffs
- Successfully defended multiple arbitrations involving breach of warranty claims against various automotive manufacturers
- Selected for inclusion on the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” list
- Order of the Coif, University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Top 10% law school graduating class
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the study of Labor and Employment Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Analysis and Writing, Criminal Procedure, and Employment Discrimination
- Co-author of The Evolving Landscape of Concussion Litigation (2013), presented at ACI’s 2nd Annual Summit on Brain Injury Claims & Litigation (March 14-15, 2013, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)