Patrick M. Horvat
Patrick M. Horvat primarily concentrates his practice in transportation law at the firm, defending several national logistics clients. In addition, he is well versed in matters relating to products liability, general litigation, and business matters, including corporate formation creation, and contract review and negotiations.
Mr. Horvat’s previous experience includes an associate position at a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, corporate firm. There, he prepared complaints, answers, interrogatories and discovery requests, as well as drafted motions and client correspondence for insurance defense actions.
He is a 2007 graduate of the Barry University School of Law and holds a B.A. in History from Duquesne University. He was a visiting student of the Duquesne University School of Law from January of 2007 to May of 2007. While studying for his law degree, Mr. Horvat was a certified county court mediator for the Ninth Judicial Circuit in Orange County, Florida. He was also a federal court clerk for the Hon. Joy Flowers Conti in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Horvat is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and Montana, and is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
Areas of Law
- Transportation and Logistics
- Products Liability
- Business Law
- Barry University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Duquesne University (B.A., 2004)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Pittsburgh Traffic Club
- Selected by his peers for the 2015-2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
An active member of his community, Mr. Horvat volunteers his time coaching youth in several basketball programs throughout the city. He is also on the board of directors of Just Harvest, a charitable organization devoted to ending hunger and poverty in Allegheny County.
News & Updates