Patrick M. Horvat
Patrick M. Horvat is a member at the firm, concentrating his practice in transportation law, defending several national logistics clients. In addition, he is well versed in matters relating to products liability, general litigation, and business matters, including corporate formation creation, and contract review and negotiations.
Mr. Horvat’s previous experience includes an associate position at a Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, corporate firm. There, he prepared complaints, answers, interrogatories and discovery requests, as well as drafted motions and client correspondence for insurance defense actions.
He is a 2007 graduate of the Barry University School of Law and holds a B.A. in History from Duquesne University. He was a visiting student of the Duquesne University School of Law from January of 2007 to May of 2007. While studying for his law degree, Mr. Horvat was a certified county court mediator for the Ninth Judicial Circuit in Orange County, Florida. He was also a federal court clerk for the Hon. Joy Flowers Conti in the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Horvat is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, Montana and Michigan. He is a member of the Allegheny County Bar , Pennsylvania Bar, and American Bar Associations, as well as the National Association of Rail Road Trial Counsel and the Pittsburgh Traffic Club.
Areas of Law
- Transportation and Logistics
- Products Liability
- Business Law
- Barry University School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- Duquesne University (B.A., 2004)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of Montana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Pittsburgh Traffic Club
- Selected by his peers for the 2015-2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
An active member of his community, Mr. Horvat volunteers his time coaching youth in several basketball programs throughout the city.
He is also on the board of directors of Our Clubhouse, a charitable organization devoted to providing a warm and welcoming environment for everyone who has been touched by cancer.
News & Updates