Daniel B. Donahoe
Daniel B. Donahoe is a Member of Burns White and concentrates his practice in the defense of occupational illness cases. With a primary emphasis in FELA litigation, he has also performed defense work in the areas of products liability, automobile insurance and personal injury. He practices in both federal and state courts throughout the country.
Mr. Donahoe is currently on the Executive Committee of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and served as its former Eastern Region Vice-President.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Donahoe worked for the Pittsburgh Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the Narcotics and Organized Crime Section for seven years.
Mr. Donahoe graduated from Carnegie Mellon University in 1982 after acquiring two Bachelor of Science degrees. Mr. Donahoe obtained his law degree from Duquesne University School of Law. He is licensed to practice in both Pennsylvania and Ohio.
As a lifelong Pittsburgh resident, he has a strong commitment to the community. In addition to providing pro bono services to the elderly, Mr. Donahoe helped to initiate the firm’s pro bono program, in which Members and Associates donate their time to individuals in need of protection from abuse. He also chairs Burns White’s Diversity Committee.
Areas of Law
- Occupational Illness Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Products Liability
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1990)
- Carnegie Mellon University (B.S., 1982)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Evaluation Commission / Investigative Division
- Selected for inclusion on the 2009 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® list
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2019
News & Updates