John Michael Steidle
John Michael Steidle joined Burns White in 2001. An experienced litigator, he has litigated cases in both state and federal courts, concentrating his practice in the areas of insurance defense, construction law, catastrophic loss, toxic tort, and insurance coverage disputes.
In addition, he has represented lenders and other secured creditors in front of United States bankruptcy courts.
As part of the firm’s Energy Group, Mr. Steidle has successfully negotiated coal mining, oil, and gas leases on behalf of clients with coal, natural gas, and oil interests.
As Chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee, Mr. Steidle leads its efforts in partnering with numerous community-based organizations in need of legal representation.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Steidle worked as a Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. John D. McBride of the Common Pleas Court of Beaver County.
Mr. Steidle is a 1995 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. He received his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University in 1999. In law school, he earned recognition for oral advocacy while he represented Duquesne in the Gourley Trial Moot Court Competition and was presented with an Outstanding Achievement Award upon graduation. After graduation, he was inducted into the Louis L. Manderino Honor Society for outstanding contributions to Duquesne’s Moot Court Programs.
Mr. Steidle is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia. He is also a member of the Allegheny County and Beaver County Bar Associations.
Areas of Law
- General Liability Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Pennsylvania Underground Utility Protection Law
- Oil and Gas Law and Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Creditor’s Rights
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 1999)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A., 1995)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Beaver County Bar Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
News & Updates