Richard W. Saxe, Jr.
Richard W. Saxe, Jr.
Burns White Center
48 26th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
A Member of Burns White, Richard W. Saxe, Jr. focuses his practice in litigation and all areas of construction law. He has extensive experience representing contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sureties, and other professionals involved in public and private construction projects, and has counseled clients in a broad range of industries.
He is admitted into practice in Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the Untied States Courts of Appeals for the Third and Tenth Circuits. He is a graduate of Duquesne University School of Law.
Areas of Law
- Construction Law
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Duquesne University (J.D., 2001)
- Allegheny College (B.A., 1998)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Construction Section
Accolades & Involvement
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers of America® for Construction Law and Litigation-Construction, 2019-2024
- “Construction Law 2016: The Year in Review,” Miscellaneous Developments, Co-presenter, March 2017
- “Legal Considerations for Utility Coordination,” American Society of Civil Engineers in partnership with National Utility Contractors Association of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania One Call, Inc., and American Public Works Association, Panelist, January 2017
- “Introduction to Construction Bonding,” University of Pittsburgh Construction Management Building Blocks Program, Presenter, October 2016
- “Delays in teh Delivery of State Roads and Bridge Projects,” The National Utility Contractors Association of Pennsylvania, Presenter, April 2016
- “Dispute Resolution and Construction Claims,” CLE, Presenter, March 2016
- “Construction Law 2015: The Year in Review,” Updates Impacting Public Construction Projects, Co-presenter, March 2016
- “Significant Changes are Coming to the Davis-Bacon Act,” Breaking Ground, November 2022
- “COVID-19: Impact on PA Construction Industry” Burns White Insights, March 2020
- “Pay-When-Paid, Pay-if Paid: A Huge Difference,” Foundation Drilling Magazine, November 2005