Sean P. O’Mahoney
Sean P. O’Mahoney
Practice AreasHealthcare and Long-Term Care Litigation
1001 Conshohocken State Road
West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Sean P. O’Mahoney is a Member at Burns White, and is located in the firm’s Philadelphia office. He is experienced in handling complex litigation matters in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Mr. O’Mahoney focuses his practice on defending healthcare providers and medical professionals against professional and general liability matters.
Prior to joining Burns White, he worked as a Senior Associate at a regional defense firm, where he represented clients in a wide array of matters ranging from medical and psychiatric malpractice to sexual abuse and assault (defense). There, Mr. O’Mahoney successfully obtained dismissal of a national and regional religious organization in a personal injury matter that involved multiple plaintiffs and a multi-million dollar demand. He also spoke at the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society Patient Safety and Risk Management conference on the issues of malpractice and malpractice avoidance.
During law school, Mr. O’Mahoney represented low-income clients facing misdemeanor charges at the Roger Williams University Criminal Defense Clinic, and drafted an appellate brief focusing on nolo contendere pleas that was submitted to the Rhode Island Supreme Court. Additionally, he interned for the Honorable Brian Van Couyghen, Kent County Superior Court in Warwick Rhode Island.
Mr. O’Mahoney is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the District of Columbia, and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- General Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Roger Williams University (J.D., cum laude, 2012; M.S., 2012)
- Dickinson College (B.A., 2007)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Accolades & Involvement
- Selected by his peers as “Ones to Watch” by Best Lawyers in America®, 2023
- Ins and Outs of Prosecuting and Defending Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities, myLawCLE, April 2023
- Claims Against Long-Term Care Facilities: Negligence, Damages, and Individual Criminal Liability, Strafford CLE, November 2022