Andrew C. Hazi
Andrew C. Hazi is a Member of the Healthcare and Long-Term Care Group at Burns White. He primarily defends individual professionals, and long-term care and acute care facilities in medical malpractice, healthcare, and general liability litigation.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Hazi was an Associate at a firm in Erie, Pennsylvania, where he litigated various matters, including personal injury and bad faith insurance practices. Following that, he joined a prominent insurance defense firm in downtown Pittsburgh, litigating a wide range of matters, including automobile and premises liability, extra-contractual and complex insurance coverage issues, and uninsured/underinsured motorist issues.
Mr. Hazi received a J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 2009, where he was a member of the Journal of Law and Commerce. While in law school, he worked for a law firm in downtown Pittsburgh and interned for the university’s Health Law Clinic. Prior to law school, Mr. Hazi earned a B.A. in Communications from Allegheny College in 2006.
A member of the Pennsylvania and Allegheny County Bar Associations, Mr. Hazi is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Medical Malpractice
- General Liability Litigation
- University of Pittsburgh (J.D., 2009)
- Allegheny College (B.S., 2006)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- PAHCRM (Pennsylvania Association of Healthcare Risk Management)
- Board Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- “Professional Liability of Healthcare Providers After COVID-19,” PADONA, March 2022
- “COVID Regulations Impacting the Long-Term Care Industry and Strategies to Mitigate Liability,” Burns White Webinar, August 2021
- “Impact of COVID-19 on Healthcare Provider Liability Exposure in Pennsylvania,” PAHCRM, July 2021
- “Opioid Addiction and Death: Mitigating Liability for Physicians,” Burns White Webinar, June 2020
- “Physician Liability for Opioid Addiction and Death: Claims and Defenses,” CLE, Strafford Publications, December 2019
- Co-Author, “Professional Liability and COVID-19: What Healthcare Providers in Pennsylvania Need to Know,” Burns White Insights, August 2021
- “The Risk of Medical Malpractice Lawsuits for Opioid-Prescribing Physicians,” Burns White Insights, August 2019