Courtney C. Brennan
Courtney C. Brennan[email protected]
Courtney C. Brennan is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group focusing her practice on employment matters and extracontractual litigation.
Prior to accepting a position with the firm, Ms. Brennan worked as a summer law clerk at Burns White. While in law school at Duquesne University, she worked at the University’s Office of General Counsel, drafting policies, reviewing and drafting affiliation and service agreements, and conducting legal research on compliance related to FERPA, Title IX, ADA and Title VII.
At Duquesne University School of Law, Ms. Brennan received CALI Awards for Excellence in Contracts I and II, Trial Advocacy, and was awarded the Best Legal Brief Award in Legal Research and Writing. She was a member of the Duquesne Law Review and Duquesne Trial Advocacy Program, and received an individual award at the Lone Star Classic National Mock Trial Tournament.
Ms. Brennan graduated, magna cum laude, from Washington & Jefferson College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. She is a current member of the Allegheny County Bar Association and Duquesne University School of Law Alumni Association. She is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Employment Liability Practices
- Insurance Coverage and Extracontractual Litigation
- General Litigation
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2019)
- Washington & Jefferson College (B.A., Economics, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2016)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Duquesne University School of Law Alumni Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- CALI Awards for Excellence, Contracts I and II, Trial Advocacy – Trial Team, Duquesne University School of Law
- Best Legal Brief Award in Legal Research and Writing, Duquesne University School of Law
- Best Direct Examination Individual Award, Lone Star Classic National Mock Trial Tournament
- “Employer Update – Returning to work after COVID-19, are you prepared?,” Burns White Employment Law Webinar, May 2020