Evan G. O’Connor
Associate Evan G. O’Connor’s practice focuses on the defense of nursing homes, healthcare facilities, and medical professionals in nursing home and medical malpractice claims.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. O’Connor was a Law Clerk for the Hon. Denis Cohen of the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas, where he handled a wide variety of matters, including medical malpractice, professional liability, mortgage disputes, and employment matters.
Mr. O’Connor graduated, cum laude, from Boston College Law School in 2015. While there, he served as Managing Editor of Boston College Law Review and had works selected for publication. In addition, Mr. O’Connor worked as a judicial intern for the Massachusetts Superior Court, where he drafted opinions on numerous issues, including due process and insurance coverage. Mr. O’Connor also served as a law clerk for a firm in Boston specializing in commercial litigation.
Mr. O’Connor obtained a B.A. in Philosophy and History, magna cum laude, from Boston University in 2012, receiving the Robert Cohen Award for Interdisciplinary Studies in his final year. During his last semester, Mr. O’Connor studied abroad in England, working at a solicitor’s firm in downtown London.
Mr. O’Connor is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Areas of Law
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Long-Term Care Litigation
- Boston College (J.D., cum laude, 2015)
- Boston University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2012)
Bar and Court Admissions
- “Caught Off-Balance: How Implementing Structural Changes to State Balanced Budget Requirements Can Foster Long-Term Economic Health,” Boston College Law Review, 2015
- “The Search for a More Limited Search: The First Circuit Denies the Search of Cell Phones Incident to Arrest in United States v. Wurie,” Boston College Law Review E-Supplement, 2014
News & Updates