Matthew H. Fry
Matthew H. Frymhfry@burnswhite.com
Matthew H. Fry is a Member in the firm’s Philadelphia office, focusing his practice in the areas of Civil Rights, Healthcare, Correctional Healthcare, and Long-Term care law. Mr. Fry defends correctional facilities, doctors, hospitals, and long-term care health facilities in medical malpractice, civil rights, and liability matters.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Fry was the lead trial counsel for civil rights, medical malpractice and related ligation for area correctional facilities. He also served as an advisor to in-house counsel at a large international corporation, on topics such as policies, procedures and state and federal investigations.
Mr. Fry received his Juris Doctor from Widener University School of Law where he was the Associate Editor of the Widener Law Symposium Journal. He received his Bachelor of Science in Psychology from St. Joseph’s University.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- St. Joseph’s University (B.S., 1995)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania New Hersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Corrections Systems Committee, Co-Chair, 2017 – Present
- Nominating Committee, 2016-2019
- Civil Litigation Section, Past Chair
- In-House Counsel, Federal Practice, Solo and Small Firm Committee, Member
- Delaware County Bar Association
- St. Joseph’s University Law Alumni Association
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Stars®, 2006, 2010, 2013