Matthew J. Perry
Matthew J. Perrymjperry@burnswhite.com
Matthew J. Perry is a Member in the firm’s Huntington, West Virginia office, where he focuses his practice on insurance and bad faith defense matters. Mr. Perry also represents clients in commercial, construction and employment litigation matters.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Perry practiced at West Virginia firm where he represented a broad spectrum of clients in various civil litigation matters.
Mr. Perry received his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School Of Law and his Bachelor of Arts degree from Marshall University.
Mr. Perry is admitted to practice in West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, the United States District Court for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia, the United States District Court Eastern District of Kentucky and the United States Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit.
Areas of Law
- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Employment Practices Liability
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D. 2000)
- Marshall University (B.A. 1996)
Bar and Court Admissions
- West Virginia
- United States District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- Cabell County Bar Association; President 2014
- The West Virginia State Bar
- Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Selected as a West Virginia Super Lawyers® for Insurance Coverage, 2013-2016, 2022
- Selected for inclusion on the West Virginia Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” list, 2009-2012