Michael H. Malin
Michael H. Malin[email protected]
Michael Malin is a seasoned trial attorney who conducted his first Common Pleas trial (first chair) a little over a year after passing the bar and after graduating with honors from Villanova University School of Law in 1996. He has been regularly trying cases since then.
Today, Mr. Malin’s practice consists mostly of major casualty defense, including extensive experience in construction litigation, trucking/motor vehicle accident defense, premises liability defense, and complex product liability defense. He also has experience in insurance coverage litigation, as well as Dram Shop, attorney malpractice, and other professional liability defense.
Mr. Malin has managed all aspects of litigation, including initial intake, discovery, depositions, motion practice, pretrial, trial, post-trial and appeal, and his experience includes large number of depositions and oral arguments. He has argued multiple cases in front of the Pennsylvania Superior Court, and handles all trials (first chair) for a multi-attorney team. Recent jury trials include under-insured motorist/motor vehicle, premises liability, insurance bad faith, negligent security, and swimming pool injuries.
Mr. Malin is licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the State of New Jersey, the United State Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit. He is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association (PBA), and an active member in the PBA’s Civil Litigation Section.
Prior to and during law school, Mr. Malin worked as a self-employed carpenter and construction contractor, giving him unique insights into construction-related litigation.
Areas of Law
- Major Causality Defense
- Construction Litigation
- Transportation Law
- Products Liability
- Professional Liability Litigation
- Premises Liability/Dram Shop
- Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1996)
- Muhlenberg College (B.A., Interdisciplinary Social Services, 1990)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Civil Litigation Section – Pennsylvania Bar Association
“PA Supreme Court Rules Allocation Scheme of Fair Share Act Doesn’t Apply to Strict Liability Asbestos Cases, ” Burns White Insights, Co-Authors George “Jerry” Bobnak and Michael H. Malin, February 2020