Peter A. Callahan
Peter A. Callahanpacallahan@Burnswhite.com
Peter A. Callahan serves as Of Counsel at Burns White. For more than 25 years, he has handled major exposure and multi-party cases in insurance defense matters with extensive experience in the areas of nursing home malpractice and Aging Services matters, general liability, construction, products and property liability, and automobile accidents. Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Callahan served as litigation counsel for a large, national commercial insurer where he was the Managing Trial Attorney overseeing attorneys handling cases in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey.
An author and frequent presenter at seminars, Mr. Callahan is a graduate of Villanova University School of Law . He received his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in Economics with a concentration in Industrial Labor Relations, from Providence College. He is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Outside of the office, Peter has been involved in the Marple Newtown Soccer Association as a coach and as a board member holding various positions, including president for several years. He was formally licensed as a soccer referee by the United States Soccer Federation, and actively volunteered in many youth and high school organizations as his two boys grew up.
Areas of Law
- Healthcare and Long-Term Care
- Villanova University (J.D., 1991, Round of Sixteen – Reimel Moot Court Competition)
- Providence College (B.A., E, magna cum laude, 1988)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Marple Newtown Soccer Association, Board Member, past president, former coach
- Products Liability Law in Pennsylvania to CNA Pennsylvania Underwriters
- Risk Transfer Seminar for CNA Agents
- Continuing Education Seminar for Nursing Home Administrators
- Various training seminars for Reading and York CNA Claims Centers
- Contributor of multiple sections to a handbook prepared for the Reading HealthPro adjusters regarding Pennsylvania malpractice law