Ralph M. Monico
Ralph M. Monico is experienced in a wide range of commercial and civil litigation, with a focus on professional liability defense and licensure matters. For more than 20 years, he has represented clients in cases involving an array of contract disputes, complex e-commerce litigation, premises liability, automobile insurance law, products liability, construction litigation, excess indemnity liability, and other insurance defense and insurance coverage litigation.
Mr. Monico has used his broad, diverse background to represent energy industry clients in a variety of matters, including the interpretation and application of coal option and supply contracts, personal injury litigation, products liability, equipment contract disputes, oil and gas industry assignment agreements, and tubular inspection service litigation. He has also handled interpretation and negotiations of oil and gas leases, and pipeline agreements.
In addition, Mr. Monico is a former Township Solicitor and Assistant Borough and School District Solicitor. He has represented school districts, municipal authorities, airport authorities, and hospitals in a variety of administrative, contract, and litigation matters.
Outside of the courtroom, Mr. Monico is open to employing other forms of dispute resolution when beneficial to his clients’ best interests. He has successfully mediated and arbitrated claims involving medical malpractice, catastrophic personal injury, construction disputes, industrial/commercial equipment purchases, and mortgage/financial services.
A frequently requested speaker, Mr. Monico lectures to Pennsylvania Bar Association members and various insurance company clients on novel and complex insurance issues, risk management, and legal malpractice avoidance.
Mr. Monico graduated from the Dickinson School of Law in 1993 and received a B.G.S. in Political Science from the University of Nebraska in 1990.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Monico spent more than seven years in the U.S. Air Force as an Electronic Intelligence Analyst.
Areas of Law
- Commercial Litigation
- E-Commerce Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Long-Term Care Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Auto Insurance Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- The Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- University of Nebraska—Omaha (B.G.S., 1990)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Professional Liability Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- American Bar Association’s Military Pro Bono, Attorney Volunteer
- American Bar Association’s Operation Stand-By, Attorney Volunteer
- Off Limits Gymnastics Booster Club, Advisor
- Dollar Energy Fund Board of Directors, Member
- Planning Committee