Richard S. Margulies
Richard S. Margulies[email protected]
Richard S. Margulies focuses his practice in the handling of complex civil litigation. He has extensive experience in the defense of physicians, nurses, hospitals, clinical laboratories and other healthcare-related entities in high exposure medical malpractice cases. Over the course of his career, he has handled hundreds of cases involving catastrophic personal injury claims, and has developed particular expertise in the defense of brain injury cases.
Mr. Margulies also handled a wide range of litigation matters involving malpractice claims against attorneys and other professionals, medical device litigation, product liability, commercial disputes, transportation litigation, ERISA claims and class action cases. Based on his extensive experience handling complex cases, he understands that the successful defense of his clients requires developing proficiency in the issues unique to each case, and maintaining a strong network of top-notch experts.
Mr. Margulies has more than 25 years of experience litigating cases in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He has a proven record of success trying cases to verdict in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties. Mr. Margulies also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Margulies is a graduate, cum laude, of George Washington University Law School, and Duke University. He is admitted into practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the State of New Jersey, the United States District Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Areas of Law
- Professional Liability
- Products Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Transportation Logistics
- Premises Liability
- George Washington University (J.D., cum laude, 1991)
- Duke University (B.A., 1988)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- State of New Jersey
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Selected for inclusion on the 2005 Pennsylvania “Rising Stars” list
- Selected as one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers, 2007, 2009 – 2014
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Expert Testimony, Andrews Pharmaceutical Litigation Seminar, 1999
- “How to ‘Daubert-Proof’ Your Expert Witnesses,” co-author, Leader’s Product Liability, Law and Strategy, Vol. XVII, No. 6, December 1998