Samantha Day Weigand
Samantha Day Weigandsdweigand@burnswhite.com
Samantha Day Weigand is an Associate in the Workers’ Compensation group in the Philadelphia office at Burns White. Ms. Weigand focuses her practice on defending workers’ compensation claims for third-party administrators, insurance carriers, and self-insured employers in Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Weigand served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Roxanne E. Covington, presiding criminal trial judge in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas for the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania.
Ms. Weigand graduated law school from Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, where she received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Best Student Performance in Civil Procedure. In addition, while in law school Ms. Weigand taught high school students in the Philadelphia School District as a fellow for the Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project. She received her Bachelor of Arts from Temple University, where she majored in Psychology and minored in Political Science.
Ms. Weigand is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Drexel University Kline School of Law (J.D. 2021)
- Temple University (B.A. in Psychology 2018)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award/Best Student Performance in Civil Procedure
- Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project Fellow