Tony A. Comas
Tony A. Comas is a Member at Burns White, concentrating his practice in Medicare compliance. In addition, he has a background in workers’ compensation defense.
Prior to joining Burns White, Mr. Comas served as an Associate Attorney where he settled cases both at the federal and state level regarding employment discrimination and consumer protection laws. He also served as a contract attorney in the Pittsburgh area.
Earning his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University School of Law, Mr. Comas also served as President of the Sports and Entertainment Law Society, was a member of the Public Interest Law Association, and served as a research assistant to both Ronald J. Ricci, Dean of Admissions, and Alice Stewart, Esq., of the Tax Clinic. Mr. Comas earned his Bachelor of Science in Sport Management at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania. While at Slippery Rock University, Mr. Comas was a member of the baseball team for four years and was treasurer for Sport Management Alliance.
A native of Pittsburgh, Mr. Comas is admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar and to the Western District of Pennsylvania. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
Areas of Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania (B.S., 1998)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion on the 2008 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” list
- “Handling the Workers’ Compensation Case From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, April 24, 2013
- “Medicare Compliance-What You Need to Know,” Arkansas Spring Fling, Hot Springs, Arkansas, April 8, 2011