Your legal advocates in divorce, custody, and support
When it comes to family law, Burns White understands the high stakes involved. We’re here to help guide you through the legal and emotional challenges that you’re facing – providing you with the best legal support available to navigate a difficult and sensitive situation.
Extensive experience in all facets of family law
With extensive experience in all facets of family law and accounting, our team successfully works with a variety of clients — from business owners in high-asset divorces to individuals in child support negotiations. We provide fast, highly-communicative, collaborative, and cost-efficient counsel tailored to meet your specific needs, and help you make informed decisions for your—and your family’s—future.
Collaboration, Mediation or Litigation: Which is right for you?
Because we know that every family—and situation—is different, our attorneys are trained to listen, understand, and provide a thoughtful and strategic road map to help you move forward. One size does not fit all when it comes to family-related legal matters. Skilled at negotiating collaborative settlements, managing mediations, and handling litigation, we will provide you with options that are in your best interest, and that will protect you and your family. Key offerings include:
- Simple and complex divorces
- Child custody
- Establishment and modification of simple and complex child support
- Equitable distribution of property
- Alimony, alimony pendente lite, and spousal support
- Prenuptial, postnuptial, and cohabitation agreements
- Paternity issues
- Protection from abuse
- Collaborative settlements
- Enforcement and contempt matters
- Backed by a full-service law firm, the Burns White Family Law Group can rely on the knowledge and resources of other areas in the firm to handle more specialized matters related to Business Practices and Commercial Transactions and Immigration Law, when necessary.