Medical and Professional Malpractice Legal Representation and Services
Providing healthcare services to those in need comes with its rewards. Unfortunately, it also comes with risks. More than one third of physicians will have a medical liability suit filed against them over the course of their careers.* Healthcare facilities often face similar legal challenges.
Burns White can help. The nationally recognized healthcare attorneys at our firm consistently deliver positive legal outcomes for medical professionals and institutions confronted with liability claims. We also work with healthcare providers to reduce the risk of exposure to future claims, find ways to prevent stressful and costly litigation, and handle healthcare business transactions and relationships.
We have a track record of success representing:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living facilities
- Personal care homes
- Acute care and long-term acute care hospitals
- Continuing care retirement communities
- Behavioral health facilities and professionals
- Rehabilitation centers and professionals
- Urgent care centers
- Home healthcare providers
- Physicians and healthcare providers in all specialties
- Nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Dentists, dental practitioners, and oral and maxillofacial surgeons
If you find yourself facing a medical or professional liability claim, or if you’re interested in finding ways to prevent future claims, contact Patrick L. Mechas in Pittsburgh or William J. Mundy in Philadelphia.
* AMA Division of Economic and Health Policy Research